March 2017 banner

March 2017 banner

Thursday 18 August 2016

The next island...

After spending a day biking around the beautiful island of Belle Ile it was time to take off to the next destination; Ile d'Yeu. I had planned to leave mid morning but rain, low clouds and strong winds forced me to wait until 16:00 before taking off. There are worse ways to spend a few hours than finding a nice restaurant by the docks in Le Palais at Belle Ile....
The clouds dissipated and the wind showed a tendency to weaken, time to take off. I could not resist tour of the island before leaving...
Belle Ile living up to it's name

Aftre 2 hours I approached Ile d'Yeu, a place I adore after visiting several times (by ferry...).
Port-Joinville Ile d'Yeu
For me, landing at the Ile d'Yeu airfield was another important milestone on this trip.
Tied down at the Ile d'Yeu airfield
Back to basics... the Simonini Victor 2 appears to like the maritime climate. The air was cooler and as I flying high when transiting over the sea I used my new cabin heater (working very well) the engine temperatures remained low. There was nothing to make me feel uncomfortable while flying over open water.
To be followed...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions and comment are welcome in French, English and Swedish. Replies will however always be in English.